.widget.ContactForm { display: none; }

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Review: Goddess Interrupted (Goddess Test #2) by Aimee Carter

Goddess Interrupted (Goddess Test #2) 
by Aimee Carter
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy
Publication Date: March 27th, 2012

Purchase your copy today
Amazon / Barnes & Noble

Synopsis: Kate Winters has won immortality. But if she wants a life with Henry in the Underworld, she'll have to fight for it.

Becoming immortal wasn't supposed to be the easy part. Though Kate is about to be crowned Queen of the Underworld, she's as isolated as ever. And despite her growing love for Henry, ruler of the Underworld, he's becoming ever more distant and secretive. Then, in the midst of Kate's coronation, Henry is abducted by the only being powerful enough to kill him: the King of the Titans.

As the other gods prepare for a war that could end them all, it is up to Kate to save Henry from the depths of Tartarus. But in order to navigate the endless caverns of the Underworld, Kate must enlist the help of the one person who is the greatest threat to her future.
Henry's first wife, Persephone.
My Thoughts: I finished this book in a day, but it was a love hate relationship.  Now don't get me wrong I love the story line and the path that Kate has to take to save the people she loves.  What I did not like was her constant need for reassurance from Henry, I understand her need but it was hard to read and sort of stressful. Why the author felt she needed to drag out the difficulties of their relationship in the way she chose is beyond me, and I feel sort of took away from the story as a whole.

Saying all of that I still love this series and, like I said before, finished the book in a day.  The story keeps you captivated the whole time and once things are finally settled a little bit for Kate and Henry its easy to love the relationship they develop.  I continue to love all the main characters and the roll each of them play in Cronus, the Titans, struggle to escape the underworld. This second book is pretty fast paced and keeps the reader intrigued.  The ending is pretty shocking in more way than one and definitely leaves you hanging needing to find out what will happen next.  Luckily for me and you the third and final book in the series is already released and downloaded on my kindle.



No comments:

Post a Comment