.widget.ContactForm { display: none; }

Friday, July 3, 2015

Review: Half-Blood (Covenant Series #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Half-Blood (Covenant Series #1)
by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy
Publication Date: October 18th, 2011

Purchase your copy:
Amazon / Barnes & Noble

Synopsis: The Hematoi descend from the unions of gods and mortals, and the children of two Hematoi pure bloods have godlike powers. Children of Hematoi and mortals--well, not so much. Half-bloods only have two options: become trained Sentinels who hunt and kill daimons or become servants in the homes of the pures. Seventeen-year-old Alexandria would rather risk her life fighting than waste it scrubbing toilets, but she may end up slumming it anyway. There are several rules that students at the Covenant must follow. Alex has problems with them all, but especially rule #1:Relationships between pures and halfs are forbidden. Unfortunately, she's crushing hard on the totally hot pure-blood Aiden. But falling for Aiden isn't her biggest problem--staying alive long enough to graduate the Covenant and become a Sentinel is. If she fails in her duty, she faces a future worse than death or slavery: being turned into a daimon, and being hunted by Aiden. And that would kind of suck.

My Thoughts: I started rereading the Covenant Series in preparation to reading The Return, the spin off Titan Series, and realized I had yet to post a review, so here it goes.

I love this series!!!! It could possibly be my favorite or tie as my favorite!!! The characters are people who are easy to feel a connection with and, as the reader, care what happens to them. The book starts off in a fast paced chase for the main characters life making it impossible to put the book down from the very first sentence.  Between one obstacle after the next Alex, our leading gal, continues to stay strong through it all.  Every time I read this book I am amazed at how easily I am swept away into this world Jennifer L Armentrout created. This is by far my favorite series from her, it is such a great fantasy book focused around Greek mythology. The best part about this book is the steamy and undeniable connection between Alex and Aiden, sigh.... I cannot get enough of Aiden. He is always looking out for Alex, the way the author writes out their emotions towards on another throughout this story is pretty heart pounding!! Honestly I cannot stop saying how amazed I am by this book and will be starting the second book, Pure, now!!


No comments:

Post a Comment